Saturday, July 17, 2021

Thanks for your patience

As we mentioned in the previous post, we have been treated for heart disease and had to drop some activities. We are self-employed and when I took sick I had to "shed load" and put what effort I could make into my business.

The good news is that treatments seem to be working and although I remain at a high risk fort a heart attack it doesn't seem to be imminent. We hope to be back to reading the slush pile and reading stories soon.

You've heard the old saying, "when it rains it pours." There have been other problems we've had to deal with. My mother-in-law was hospitalized this spring, then went on hospice. She died April 7. Patricia has been pre-occupied with that, which has kept her from the business. She will be in court for the probate on Monday.

I have a weak knee which has started to deteriorate, and in the past few months I've had falls where I needed assistance. One was in the back yard and I needed the police to get me to my feet. Just this past Tuesday I fell as I was leaving a city council meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Please take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracious! It sounds like you know where your proper priorities lie. Your health, your family, your business, and lastly the hobbies! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete